Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Current Connection 3.2

In the article entitled "Amused Education-men in nursing: reflections from a female dominated profession," by Lynda Lampert, she brought up some really good points about men in the so-called "female dominate" profession.
 
 
Lynda says, "in general, men in nursing have made the entire profession take a better look at itself.  No longer are the old routines adequate." Her saying this just makes me happy. I don't not think it should be a big deal that males can be nurses. 
 
 
"Women have worked for over a century to get equal recognition as doctors in their own right." If women can fight to become doctors, what is the problem with men becoming nurses? I believe it is the same situation. Men should be nurses if that is what they desire and not be questioned about it. More power to ya male nurses! Recently I was in the emergency room visiting a friend and while I was there, her MALE nurse was wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment